Smart Cover Partner Snap On Slim-Fit Case for Apple iPad 2 - Crystal Clear
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by BoxWave Corporation
21 new or used available from $0.01
Average customer review:
(454 customer reviews)
Product DescriptionWith this compact design crystal case, you don't need to worry about any damage to your new device, just put it in your pocket, knowing it is away from scratches. After special treatment, the edge of the case is not sharp and won't cut your hand or do damage to your device when put in the case. Perfect fit cutout for any functional control keys for your convenience. With the case on, iPad 2 is safe from scratches and bump, you can listen to music, surf the Internet and play games without worrying about any damage to your iPad 2
- Brand: Exact
- Model: CPA-IP0073
- Dimensions: .79" h x 5.91" w x 5.91" l, .20 pounds
- Material: durable PC
- Match with Smart-cover
- Snugly fit with iPad 2
- Access to all ports and controls
- Highly scratch resistant
Customer ReviewsMost helpful customer reviews
177 of 184 people found the following review helpful.
Works perfectly with Smart Cover
By ERIC M HUYNH
I bought this for my mom as a Mother's Day present. She has an iPad 2 and loves her Smart Cover, but it left the back of the iPad unprotected and we quickly found that Apple's aluminum is dismayingly scratch-prone. With a bewildering array of products on the market, I chose this one based on the Amazon reviews. It turned out to be EXACTLY what my mom wanted.
Description: It's made of a hard, smooth, transparent plastic that snaps on tightly to the back of the iPad 2. There are generous cut-outs for all the ports, cameras, buttons, etc., and the Smart Cover hinges.
- Perfect fit. Snaps on and stays on, but also easy to remove when necessary.
- Specially designed to work with Smart Cover with no modifications; it protects what the Smart Cover does not.
- All ports and buttons remain easily accessible; you don't need microscopic fingers to reach into tiny gaps.
- Transparent (and pattern-free), so you can see the Apple logo and anything you have engraved on the back. This also makes it aesthetically neutral, so it will match whatever other accessories you have and will never go out of style.
- Adds minimal thickness and weight to the iPad.
Less-good points (subjective):
- As an owner of the heavier first-gen iPad, I personally prefer a "tackier" grip on the case that makes it easier to hold on to without sliding out of your hands. This one is still a bit on the slippery side, but it's easier to hold than the iPad itself. (And if you fold back the Smart Cover instead of removing it, you won't have the slippery iPad problem anyway.)
- Though the case protects the iPad from scratches, it isn't scratchproof itself. After months of heavy use, I imagine it will get pretty scuffed and will be unattractive.
- The case is held on only at the corners, and the lips don't extend beyond the narrow aluminum rim of the iPad. There's nothing wrong with this, but if you have a transparent protective film placed over the screen, this case will NOT help to hold it down around the edges as some cases will, so the film will be more likely to peel off.
- Based on the thickness and design of this case, I THINK you should be able to use your iPad with most dock-type products without having to remove it. But we don't have any docks to experiment with.
- The plastic seems durable, but the case has not been subjected to any (inadvertent) stress tests yet. The lips that hold the case to the iPad are quite small (at the corners only) and if one or two of them broke, the case would be functionally useless.
This is exactly the product we wanted, at a very reasonable price. It's well-designed, well-engineered and is the perfect companion for a Smart Cover.
77 of 80 people found the following review helpful.
Excellent Fit, Excellent Value, Speedy Delivery
By shear luck, I got my iPad 2 the day after it came it out. Clearly I was not the only to recognize that the groovy "smart cover" only protected the front. Unfortunately, it took weeks for the after-market covers to really start showing up. And when they did, companies were charging $27-$39...for what is essentially a piece of plastic. I just couldn't do it, and held out for more options.
Then this little item appeared it. I ordered the smart cover companion on the 04/22 (at the time it was $9.99!). It arrived by 04/25, even though estimated arrival was 04/28 - 05/03.
The "installation", if you want to call it that, was a breeze. It snapped right on, and once on, there was no give or play.
The case I ordered is crystal clear, not even a logo, which in my opinion is perfect since I didn't want anything obstructing the design of the iPad itself.
I was so excited about my iPad 2, I was this close to shelling out $40 bucks for a product that, given the simplicity of the design of ANY given snap-on shell, could not conceivably do the job any better.
Well done, Exact-Deal. Bravo.
53 of 61 people found the following review helpful.
Cheap, but doesnt stay on well...
I bought this based on the reviews and the cheap price. I can't be too upset over 7 bucks, but this case does not stay on the iPad very well. The corners, while you hold this in your hand, can easily pop off, releasing the case. I'm not sure if I got a bad one (doubt it, since they're just flung off plastic mold machine), but I'd spend a bit more money and get something better. I dont know what that is yet...still searching. The protection factor (if it stayed on) seems very good.
See all 454 customer reviews...