- 8 gauge amplifier installation kit
- Competition high-quality fuse holder
- Ring terminals: #10, 0.25-inch, 0.31-inch
- Twenty 4-inch wire ties
- Many feet of wire and cable: red power, black ground, blue turn-on, speaker wire
- 20 Ft. 8 ga red power cable Competition high-quality fuse folder 3 Ft
- 8 ga. black ground cable 16 Ft. 18 ga blue turn-on wire 20 Ft
- high performance RCA (TRCA) interconnect 30 Ft. speaker wire 6 Ft. split loom tubing
This review is from: Boss KIT-2 Complete 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit (Electronics)The cabling is strictly average for the power and ground, nothing exciting. They are NOT 8 gauge however, they closer to 10. I have plenty examples of 8 gauge wires and this isn't it.
The rca cable that comes with the kit isn't bad. The remote turn on is a little thin with the copper for my taste. The speaker wire is AWFUL. It may have the jacket of a 16 gauge speaker wire, but it has the copper of a 20 gauge. It is WAY to thin on the copper. I had a spool of RCA 14 gauge I ended up using instead.
The MO for this kit is use thick jackets to make it LOOK like the right size, then use less copper. I guess the extra jacket helps with shielding if nothing else.
This review is from: Boss KIT-2 Complete 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit (Electronics)I used this kit with a BOSS compact sub. It installed perfectly into a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. I would definitely buy this item again, even if I wasn't installing a BOSS sub. Its pretty flexible and provided me with plenty of wiring. I would recommend it without hesitation.
Boss KIT-2 Complete 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit