Kensington Apple iPad 2 KeyFolio Pro Performance Case for Apple iPad 2
|Price:||$57.03 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
70 new or used available from $34.04
Average customer review:
(172 customer reviews)
Product DescriptionThe Kensington Key Folio(TM) Pro provides a high-performance keyboard optimized for the touch typist. Built-in Bluetooth technology delivers wireless operation and one button set-up. A multi position stand holds your iPad 2 in place while the rotatable frame offers landscape and portrait use. Optimized for travel and in-case use, this lightweight and compact design protects your iPad 2 from wear and scratches. Camera openings allows for front and back camera use.
- Color: Black
- Brand: Kensington
- Model: K39357US
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 8.00" h x 10.75" w x 1.30" l, 1.60 pounds
- Tactile keyboard with high-performance keys optimized for touch typist; Compatible with the new Apple iPad
- Bluetooth keyboard delivers wireless operation and one-touch access to iPad 2 media and setting functions such as home button, volume and brightness
- Rotatable frame allows for landscape and portrait iPad 2 viewing
- Secured stand adjust for multiple position iPad 2 viewing
- Compact and lightweight design folds flat for in case use
- Camera openings allows for front and back camera use
- Easy port access to all iPad 2 controls and 30-pin connector
- Reinforced polyurethane fabric cover protects your iPad 2
- Tactile keyboard with high-performance keys optimized for touch typist
Amazon.com Product Description
The Kensington KeyFolio Pro provides a high-performance keyboard optimized for the touch typist. Built-in Bluetooth technology delivers wireless operation and one button set-up. A multi position stand holds your iPad 2 in place while the rotatable frame offers landscape and portrait use. Optimized for travel and in-case use, this lightweight and compact design protects your iPad 2 from wear and scratches. Camera openings allows for front and back camera use.
Click here to learn more about the Kensington KeyFolio Pro performance keyboard case.
The KeyFolio family keeps you protected on the road and productive when you arrive. Learn more
Reliable ProtectionThe KeyFolio Pro offers solid protection with a durable, reinforced polyurethane fabric cover that protects your iPad 2 in style. The tactile, high-performance keys are optimized for the touch typist and also protect your iPad 2's screen from scratching when closed.
Bluetooth Wireless KeyboardA Bluetooth keyboard built into the KeyFolio Pro delivers wireless operation and includes iPad 2-specific media and setting functions such as home button, volume, and brightness
Easy AccessThe case provides easy port access to all iPad 2 controls and 30-pin connectors. A camera opening allows for FaceTime use without removing the iPad 2 from the case. The adjustable stand with rotatable frame securely holds your iPad 2 in either landscape or portrait mode.
WarrantyThe KeyFolio Pro Bluetooth Keyboard Case is backed by the Kensington 2-Year warranty.
- Bluetooth: V 2.0 standard
- Battery Life: 90 hours
- Standby Time: 45 days
- Battery Capacity: Minimum 430 mAh
- Battery Life Expectancy: 3 years
- Charging time: up to 4.5 hours
|Kensington iPad Folios and Covers|
|Kensington K39357US||Kensington K39336US||Kensington K39356US||Kensington K39337US||Kensington K39355US||Kensington K39352US||Kensington K39354US||Kensington K39353US|
|Model||KeyFolio Pro||KeyFolio||Folio & Stand||Folio||Cover & Stand||Back Covers|
|iPad 2 Compatible|
|iPad 1 Compatible|
|Auto On/Off via Magnetic Cover|
|Front and Back Protection||Back Only||Back Only||Back Only|
Customer ReviewsMost helpful customer reviews
215 of 218 people found the following review helpful.
Good keyboard, a bit bulky overall, needs a desk
By A Guy
Let's start off with the good parts about this product: the keyboard itself connects well, charges without any problems, feels decent, and has all the shortcuts for your iPad that you'd want.
There are three problems though. The first is that the case, when closed, presses the keys into the iPad screen, so a screen protector is a must. The second problem is the entire case is a bit bulky, bulkier than it needs to be. The iPad is effectively within a case, then the case is enclosed in a second layer of casing that makes everything a bit awkward.
By far and away the most annoying issue with this keyboard/case, though, is that there is pretty much one viewing angle it works at. This means your iPad is only useable with the keyboard when you are sitting at a desk. I like to use my iPad in bed, or in class where the small, seat-side tables are quite low. As it stands, I can't, and am going to have to make a set of stiff hinges that will slot onto the areas on the case where there is movement so that I can decide what viewing angle I want it at, rather than being forced to use an annoying one. I think that the Trent case may have this functionality, but sadly am a poor college student, and can't buy multiple accessories till I find the right one.
65 of 66 people found the following review helpful.
By C. Hutchinson
I bought the keyboard because of the look of the keys and spacing of them. The keyboard is of a better quality than most other Keyboard/Cases. Typing is fine for me on the keyboard. Battery life on the Keyboard is Amazing, I get just over a week with moderate use each day, meaning about 2-3 hours of active typing and about another 2 hours when it 'Sleeps'. Other than that I turn the switch off and tote it around.
I use this tablet for Med School and I dont like the way in which it folds. You only get one viewing angle when you are typing, which is really fine, then you can move the flap over the keyboard and just use the iPad in a standard tilt. But if you want the iPad on a flat surface you flip the case around and the keyboard is touching whatever surface you place it on. Not to fun when holding my iPad and trying to scroll through things while holding it in this manner. I do like thought how sturdy it is. I can type on any surface from a table to my lap with no problem. I enjoy sitting back on my couch and pounding through some notes with a sturdy keyboard surface.
As has been mentioned the case is a bit thicker than some but I dont use this as a case to carry, I close it and stuff it in my backpack.
The part where you place the iPad2 secures it nicely and it will stay in no problem.
I do wish there was some sort of latch or strap that kept the case closed. Im thinking about putting in a magnet or just asking my wife for a hair tie to wrap around it.
All round it is an amazing case for the iPad. Im using my iPad as a mobile word processor and the keyboard has helped tremendously! Its a good sturdy case with a really nice keyboard. For the price 60-70 I think its one of the better ones in this price range.
39 of 40 people found the following review helpful.
Overall I recommend this product.
I purchased this Bluetooth keypad/cover for my iPad 2 a week after I got my iPad. While the on-screen keyboard was "OK" for casual use, I wanted a "real" keyboard that I could use in typing notes, emails, etc.
The Kensington KeyFolio Pro keyboard/cover delivers just about perfectly. The QWERTY keyboard layout, with dual "shift" keys (some Bluetooth keyboards only had one, making it awkward to capitalize half of your letters.), control, option, and command keys, plus a top row of "F" dual function keys. There is even a ".com" key for entering URLs. The iPad 2 is held nice and snug with easy access to the power button and a "notch" for the front camera. The rear camera has its own "peep hole". It takes some getting used to, but the sleep and volume controls are not blocked, it is just the way the iPad curves to the back, and into the solid backing of the cover, that makes using these buttons a tad (and I mean just a little) clumsy. Overall, the case is very well constructed and has a very solid, well built, feel to it. And it looks nice too! The pivot feature works well, allowing you to have the iPad screen held up in Portrait or Landscape. I'd say that, overall, the way that the screen is propped up in front of you is great.
Here are the reasons I dropped one star from my rating. Each somewhat minor, but worth pointing out.
1) Bluetooth - setting up the keyboard to work with the iPad is very straight forward. Charge up the keyboard. Turn it on. Press the "connect" button. Go into "Settings" on the iPad. Turn on Bluetooth and when it "sees" the keyboard, connect. Done! Right? Yes, for the time being. Type away happily. Set the iPad down and let it go idle for an extended period and when you come back, the keyboard and iPad have mysteriously disconnected from each other. You have to go back into "Settings" on the iPad. Turn Bluetooth Off and then On again and then reconnect the keyboard. I don't know the exact amount of time that has to go by before they disconnect as it has seemed to vary. Not a huge issue once you realize what's going on.
2) The keyboard is pretty "flat" as you would expect it to be. You will have to adjust the angle of your fingers a bit, but again, once you get used to it you will be typing nearly as quickly as you do on your iMac or PowerBook Pro. The issue here, for me, is the space bar. There is a "frame" that goes around the keyboard. (i.e. the keyboard waffle board is recessed and the keys extend up through it. The tops of the keys are level with the top of the "frame".) When I tap with my thumb to insert a space, I hit the frame as many times as I actually hit the space bar. And when you hit the frame, nothing happens - of course. If you are a touch typist like me, this becomes frustrating.
3) This last point is also the "least" point. I know this isn't the Apple "Smart Cover", but couldn't Kensington have duplicated the auto-sleep feature when the cover is closed? And some sort of Tab or Flap with a loop or Velcro to keep it closed?
All that said, I would heartily recommend that you get this product if you are looking for a Bluetooth keyboard / cover for your new iPad 2.
See all 172 customer reviews...