Kensington KeyFolio Pro 2 Removable Keyboard, Case and Stand for iPad 2 and New iPad (K39512US)
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com
35 new or used available from $51.03
Average customer review:
(78 customer reviews)
Product DescriptionThe Kensington KeyFolio(TM) Pro 2 provides a high-performance removable keyboard optimized for the touch typist. Built-in Bluetooth technology delivers wireless operation and one button set-up. A secured Velcro fastener ensures tablet vertical stability with viewing angels from 70 to 20 degrees. This lightweight 3-in-1 design is optimized for travel and in-case use plus protects your iPad 2 from wear and scratches.
- Color: Black
- Brand: Kensington
- Model: K39512US
- Dimensions: 1.50" h x 8.00" w x 10.50" l, 1.70 pounds
- Tactile keyboard with high-performance keys optimized for touch typist
- Removable Bluetooth keyboard delivers wireless operation
- Secured Velcro fastener ensures tablet vertical stability
- View angle range from 70 to 20 degrees
- Compact and functional 3-in-1 design
- Cut outs for I/O ports, speakers, front and back cameras
- Easy port access to all iPad 2 controls and 30-pin connector
- Folds flat and secures with elastic band for in case use
Amazon.com Product Description
The Kensington KeyFolio Pro 2 provides a high-performance removable keyboard optimized for the touch typist. Built-in Bluetooth technology delivers wireless operation and one button set-up. A secured Velcro fastener ensures your tablet's vertical stability with viewing angles from 20 to 70 degrees. This lightweight 3-in-1 design is optimized for travel and in-case use plus protects your iPad 2 from wear and scratches. Easy port access gives you the ability to use your controls, 30-pin connector, and front and back cameras while still in the case.
Kensington KeyFolio Pro 2
Removable Keyboard, Case, and Stand
Click here to learn more about the versatility of the Kensington KeyFolio Pro 2
Solid protection with a durable, reinforced polyurethane fabric cover. View larger
Reliable ProtectionThe KeyFolio Pro 2 offers solid protection with a durable, reinforced polyurethane fabric cover that protects your iPad 2 in style. The tactile, high-performance keys are optimized for the touch typist and also protect your iPad 2's screen from scratching when closed.
Bluetooth Wireless KeyboardA Bluetooth removable keyboard built into the KeyFolio Pro 2 delivers wireless operation and includes iPad 2-specific media and setting functions such as home button, volume, and brightness.
Easy AccessThe case provides easy port access to all iPad 2 controls and 30-pin connectors. Openings for the front and back cameras allow for FaceTime use without removing the iPad 2 from the case. A secured Velcro fastener ensures tablet vertical stability with viewing angles from 70 to 20 degrees.
WarrantyThe KeyFolio Pro 2 Bluetooth Keyboard Case is backed by the Kensington 2-Year warranty.
- Bluetooth: V 2.0 standard
- Battery Life: 100 hours
- Standby Time: 60 days
- Battery Capacity: Minimum 380 mAh
- Battery Life Expectancy: 3 years
- Charging time: up to 4.5 hours
Customer ReviewsMost helpful customer reviews
176 of 177 people found the following review helpful.
The Best for Me...
By Joe Lee
I had the first generation Kensington Keyfolio,and I've used versions by Logitech and Trent...but finally this is the one I'm most happy with for the following reasons:
1. Style: I like textured exterior contrasted with the smoothness. Plus there's a strap that looks like an accent to the exterior, but also can be used to keep the folio closed. I think it looks nice.
2. Keyboard: Smaller than standard, but not too small and very easy to type with. There are some keyboard/case products where the keys are smashed all next to each other. This Keyboard has well-spaced, individual keys like a macbook. Easy to connect BT to my iPad. Convenient buttons bring me to my homescreen, play/pause, forward/rewind music, volume up/down, etc.
But the best is that the keyboard comes out of the case so that I'm not tied to typing where the case lies. The keyboard is held magnetically to the case, which just feels cool to me. Easy to take out, but also held solidly in place when in the case.
3. I LOVE that there is velcro on the bottom of the frame that holds the ipad. this means when I set the ipad at my preferred angle, it is held there securely by the velcro. I can't overemphasize this enough...it's brilliantly simple. This feature alone make me raise my rating from 4 stars to 5.
4. Stylus holder - a no brainer feature that's necessary for us folks who like using a stylus on the ipad.
There's commonality with other keyboard/cases (i.e. long battery life, camera holes, etc.), but the features above are what sold me on this version. I took a chance buying it, but am very happy I did. I'll buy another one as a christmas present for my wife for sure (not quite romantic, but considerate and practical...she'll love it!).
56 of 57 people found the following review helpful.
Very Nice Indeed
By Barbara Marko
With only one previous review on the item, I was skeptical, of course. It arrived today and I love it, for all the reasons the previous reviewer stated. Love the stand-up feature. Love the removable keyboard, as I have movable or external keyboards for all my devices, including laptops and HP Jornada (anyone remember those?). Keyboard is small but has nice feel and functionality for my medium size fingers; might not suit big fingers. Once the IPad is in the case, the Apple screen Smart Cover can still be attached (albeit from the bottom edge). I'm obsessive compulsive about protecting my screens because they're the things you can't replace. And I'm obsessive about having my accessories, especially the protective ones, available: for example, should I need to remove the IPad from the case. Best of all in my estimation is its multi-functionality: case, keyboard, and stand. Attractive looking black case, too. A very nice Kensington product!
39 of 39 people found the following review helpful.
The most impressive!
I am a frequent traveler and needed something that would turn my Ipad2 into a mini laptop for use on the planes, Airports, etc. After a week long search on the net, I finally choose this case. With only two reviews, it seemed like a risk, but this case has proven what it can do.. What I like about it the most, is that I can remove the keyboard, keep it anywhere and it would type, the connectivity is great, you dont need to go through lots of clicks, just turn it on, and it is working.. love the way of its stable standing.. A total bargain for the price....
See all 78 customer reviews...